[Discuss] Meeting tonite

Debbie Speer Debbie@pollstar.com
Tue Oct 9 09:09:01 2001

Yes, Vic has already told me he definitely will be attending tonight's staff meeting in Berkeley.  I'm also not likely to be able to be out of the office before 6 p.m. tonight. What Vic finds out tonight will likely have a big impact on immediate fundraising efforts (Ralph Steiner is making a last-ditch effort to  cool heads up there, so anything could happen).

Suggestions?

>>> "Withers, Rychard E" <rewithers@cbs.com> 10/09/01 09:00AM >>>
Way too early in the morning for me..I get confused easily. After setting up
this list and testing it I forgot to unsub myself. I was confused about what
was going on. Now that I've figured it out:

I believe Vic is in Berkeley tonight at a KPFA staff meeting to find out
what the hell is going on with the pledge drive.
KPFA is making noises about boycotting the pledge drive that Pacifica has
mandated that all stations should begin.
Apparently Pacifica is spending money out of the KPFA budget for lawyers, PR
firms, etc and missing payroll, PG&E ,etc.

As to what this means for us: We are looking at doing our own pledge drive.
I am hiring an answering service to take pledges. They will provide us with
a pledge number. They are charging us $100 plus 50 cents per call.All we
need to do is work on people to plug, which we will have a better handle on
after Vic gets back...