[Discuss] Utah Phillips

discuss@kfcf.org discuss@kfcf.org
Tue Jan 15 09:51:01 2002

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19DED.360E6E90

   Well, Andre called us and asked if he could host the event on the
Saturday evening of our convention.  I have made trips out there only to
find a locked gate and been playing phone tag for a week to discuss it with
him.  Jemmy Bluestein has already offered to bring in the musical
entertainment from the bay area.  Plus, because we have people who will have
to be travelling home on Sunday to various parts of the state, we have
chosen to avoid the mother's day weekend.  I really dont see that being an
issue for the local crowd which would show up for a FFCF/KFCF fundraiser.
   However, if there is no other date that FFCF/KFCF can schedule this
event, we will try to find another location.....maybe a Denny's banquet
room...to show off all that Fresno has to offer.  Not a problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Speer [mailto:Debbie@pollstar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 9:33 AM
To: discuss@kfcf.org
Subject: RE: [Discuss] Utah Phillips

Um, Jeff....which WE are you representing in this case?

WE...the Fresno Free College Foundation...have an offer from Utah Phillips
on the table and WE have to find a date, and frankly I'm not going to worry
a whole heck of a lot about deferring to what the Green Party may or may not
do.

If we want to make arrangements around each other, fine. Great, even.
Perhaps they can be incorporated somehow if there's a direct conflict over
the Underground Gardens. I'm happy to take Green Party money for the concert
if the convention is during the day and Utah can be scheduled in the
evening.   Let's see what can be worked out. I don't think this should bump
up too closely with the Intermountain Nursery event. May 4 would be my
preference, unless Utah is willing to do it, say, April 27. Then we can
avoid conflict. (Easter is March 31, btw, no conflict there!)

Thoughts?

>>> jeffrey.eisinger@sba.gov 01/15/02 09:24AM >>>

More FYI:  We (the Green Party) are trying to avoid having our event on the
weekend of 5/11&12 because its Mothers Day and we did not want people to be
traveling home from Fresno when they should be all taking their moms to
Denny's or wherever.