[FFCF-Fundraising] FW: june 5 benefit/concert

Vic Bedoian vbedoian at kfcf.org
Fri Feb 25 11:15:25 PST 2005

  _____

From: Rick and Janet Flores [mailto:rflores at kfcf.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:34 PM
To: vbedoian at kfcf.org
Subject: Fw: june 5 benefit/concert

----- Original Message -----
From: Rick and Janet Flores <mailto:rflores at kfcf.org>
To: Vic Bedoian <mailto:vbedoian at pacbell.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:19 AM
Subject: june 5 benefit/concert

Hello Vic:
Here are some details you can forward to the fundraising committee
chairperson:
We have Sunday, June 5, penciled in reservation for the Full Circle Brewery.
The event would be a fundraiser for KFCF. It will feature music and food.
The music will be provided by musicians who live in our area and have been
featured performing live on Wasteland of the Free over the past six years
possibly including, but not limited to:
The Full Circle Band
Blake Jones and the Trike Shop
Ted Nunes and company (Richfield)
Glen Delpit and Dave Spencer together
Inyana
Roger Perry
Good Medicine
Food should be kept simple. I'll get together with Don and work on this.
I'm reluctant to do a potluck. Maybe just figure out what would be easy and
inexpensive
to prepare and charge extra for the food.
KFCF would receive 100 percent of the proceeds on the food
The cover charge (which we should keep between 5 and 10 dollars) would be
split between the musicians and KFCF. (This doesn't work out to a whole lot
for each musician performing, but it should be enough so that they don't
have to dig deep out of their own pockets to buy drinks during the event.)
Wastleland of the Free will promote the show featuring the musicians live on
the air in the months leading up to the event. (Blake and Roger have both
talked about performing a live cover of the theme song written by Iris
Dement)
We should start the event around 3 p.m. and have the last act finish by 9
p.m.
The idea came about when discussing fund-raising with some local
musician/friends of mine who wanted to contribute to the economic viability
of Wasteland of the Free. They felt this would be a way of showing support
for locally produced music shows on KFCF. Also, there is some question
whether or not Inter-Mountain will be able to continue to have events in
Prather due to the office complex being erected on the parking lot adjacent
to the nursery that they used for such events.
This event can either be considered an alternative to the KFCF spring
benefit at Inter-Mountain or, in the case that Ray and Bonnie are still able
to host that event, as an additional fund-raising gathering.
I will work on organizing the music venue. (I already have a verbal
commitment from several of the performers mentioned above.)
I'll check with Don and see what he is set up for down there in terms of
food prep. Maybe a quick and easy barbecue - I could probably provide sweet
peppers for roasting, tomatoes and other organic garden products. La
Boulangerie is usually gracious about donating bread items. As far as a meat
item, something that cooks quick like boneless chicken breast or burgers and
dogs - I think we can do this part without too much intensive labor if we
keep it simple and we can realize all the profits on this if we volunteer to
do it ourselves.
Well, that's what I have so far. Let me know your reaction. Ideas to enhance
the event will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
rick