[FFCF-Fundraising] Banquet/Amy

Vic Bedoian vbedoian at kfcf.org
Mon May 8 09:18:05 PDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

I just talked to Dennis Moynihan of Democracy Now! - he said they are still
working on their scheduling and can't commit to a date at this time.  They
definitely want to come to Fresno and will make it a priority but because of
all kinds of factors and constraints, they can't pinpoint at date that they
can promise to be here.  I explained to him our constraint about reserving
the hall and dinner etc.  He said they would make some decisions soon but
was not specific as to when.

So here's what this means to me:  I think we should get another banquet
speaker, maybe Norman Solomon.  Since we need to nail down a date and make
all the food plans - we need to move on.  When DN! contacts us, a month or
so before they come out here, we can arrange a speaking engagement at any
number of places.  We should start putting out feelers to FSU, FCC etc in
preparation for that event.

What does anybody else think?

Vic