[FFCF-Fundraising] Angela Davis Event

Vickie Fouts socialjustice at sti.net
Mon Apr 2 12:52:49 PDT 2007

I am happy to report that Angela Davis is interested in coming to Fresno for
a co-sponsored event for KFCF and California Prison Moratorium Project.
Debbie Reyes with California Prison Moratorium Project has been in contact
with Angela and hopes to attend our outreach meeting this evening. Debbie
told me Angela wants a summary about KFCF and the purpose of having an
event. I have written up a short piece which is below. Please feel free to
make comments or changes and we can discuss it further this evening.

Vickie

Fresno Free College Foundation (FFCF) is a community-based membership
organization dedicated to the principles that the well-being of the
community is measured by the respect that it shows for the civil liberties,
intellectual and artistic freedom of its citizens, and that the exercise of
this freedom enriches the individual and society as a whole. Since 1968, the
Foundation has provided a flexible and responsive institutional structure
for fostering the intellectual and political growth of the community.

FFCF began broadcasting KFCF 88.1 FM on June 9, 1975. The majority of KFCF
broadcasting is from Pacifica Radio station KPFA 94.1 FM in Berkeley which
is KFCF's affiliate/network. KFCF also airs several local social justice,
public affairs and music programs.

The purpose of bringing Angela Davis to Fresno for a co-sponsored event with
Fresno's California Prison Moratorium Project is multi-fold. By having a
free event at CSU Fresno we hope to inform students and the community about
current prison issues in California and to inform them about KFCF &
California Prison Moratorium Project. With a separate fundraising event we
hope to give the community the ability to hear Angela Davis in a more
intimate surrounding and to allow the community to give financial support to
both FFCF/KFCF and California Prison Moratorium Project.