[FFCF-Fundraising] Jeremy Scahill

Sue Kern skern at sti.net
Mon Mar 12 15:47:35 PST 2007

Vic just heard back from Jeremy's booking people who are offering to
have him come to Fresno on May 1st or 2nd (Tues. or Wed.)  I asked
Vic to see if it would be possible to have him come on a weekend
instead and he heard back from them right away that Saturday, May
5th, might be possible.  (He's in the Bay Area the weekend of April
28-29 and then has to go up to Washington and Oregon, but can
possibly come here the 5th).  If we want to try to put on a "4th
Annual" foothill event in North Fork it would need to be on a
Saturday, since I doubt people would come there from Fresno on a
weekday night.  I'm checking with NF Town Hall to see if the 5th is
available.  Alternatively we could try to do it in Fresno on the 1st
or 2nd at the Unitarian Church, a Union Hall, or some other smaller
venue.  If you have any suggestions, please respond, otherwise I'll
make a recommendation to Vic on which to pursue based on whether NF
Town Hall is available.  [I've checked the Community Alliance
calendar and there doesn't appear to be any already planned event for
any of those days.]