[FFCF-PNA] Proposed Schedule Change

Vic Bedoian vbedoian at kfcf.org
Tue Jun 21 12:43:34 PDT 2005

Memo to 3:30 pm Program Producers:

KPFA is proposing a small change in their program schedule which may impact
KFCF programs.  They propose to switch the times of the Free Speech Radio
News, now broadcast at 3 pm and the literary program Cover to Cover which is
now on at 3:30 pm (that's the one we preempt with local shows).  These were
the original times of those KPFA programs back in the day.  Now they want to
restore that schedule.  If this change happens, and they could decide on it
soon, my thoughts are as follows:

1.  I don't want to lose any local programming.

2.  I don't want to preempt Free Speech Radio News, and I don't think anyone
else does either.

This indicates,

3.  We move our local 3:30 pm programs to 3 pm.  Hopefully this should not
be a barrier to any current programmer being able to do his/her show.
Although I haven't yet discussed this with any individual programmers yet
(didn't know it would happen) it shouldn't be very inconvenient for
programmers to do their show a half hour earlier that before.  When this
decision is finally made by KPFA we can take the next step.  If any of you
will have a problem with the time change, let me know.  If the time change
is made KPFA is talking about doing it in August.  That would give programs
the chance to announce the change to their listeners.  We would also be
having announcements on the radio and website as well.

Hopefully everyone will be all right with this change - if it happens.  I
will let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks,
Vic