[FFCF-PNA] Stir It Up Peace Fresno Proposal

Vic Bedoian vbedoian at kfcf.org
Wed Mar 2 09:22:37 PST 2005

KFCF PROGRAM PROPOSAL
'Stir It Up with PeaceFresno'

GENERAL INFORMATION:

1)  Producer- Richard Gomez
3656 N. Pleasant Ave.  cell ph. # (559)269-3828. Email- nate136_66 at yahoo.com
2)  Organization- Peace Fresno
3)  Proposal- Peace Fresno proposes to KFCF 88.1 FM & Fresno Free College
Foundation the opportunity to broadcast an half-hour radio program show of
talk & discussion on.
4)  Length- 30 minutes
5) Number of Shows- 8 (4 in 2005 & 4 in 2006)
6) Time of broadcast- Fifth Wednesday of the month where there is a fifth
Wednesday.

PROGRAM DISCRIPTION:

1)  Title- "Stir It Up with Peace Fresno."
2) Host- Monique Levy
3) Previous Radio Experience-  2 'Stir It Up' programs and 1 Hosting
4) Producer- Richard Gomez
5) Detailed Description of Show- Interview and call-in talk radio
6) Purpose of show- To educate and promote Peace & Justice to many diverse
cultures.
7) Describe analysis supporting the show- Peace Fresno has received
worldwide attention from exposure from Michael Moores'film Fahrenheit 911.
Nationwide, Peace Fresno has acquired high regard and support from
progressive & peace organizations.  Locally, Peace Fresno has continued to
received favorable responses from its semi-monthly demonstrations on one of
Fresno's busiest street corner.
8) Time slots are being sought- Currently Peace Fresno is only seeking the
fifth Wednesday of the month where there is a fifth Wednesday.  Perhaps in
the future we would be interested in expanding and changing the time or day
depending on ever changing world situations any future new or different
directions decided by KFCF 88.1 FM & the Fresno Free College Foundation.
9) There are no existing programs that we would be replacing.
10) Programs similar to proposed show- All other 'Stir It Up' programs.  We
find that the Peace Fresno show is very compatible with the others.
11) Demo tapes are available on request.
12) Descriptions of target audience- Target audiences will range from young
college age to professional people, second generation citizens with families
that have moved into the Valley within the last 20 years, knowledgeable
sensitive seniors and people looking for an alternative to mainstream
medium.  Ethnicity expected to expand.
13) Frame of Ideology- Active, semi-active Progressive peaceful minded
people from here and from families from other nations.
14) Estimate Size of Audience- 1000 +
15) Estimate and analysis of percentage of listening audience- Expected
initial estimates are 30% due to a broadcast schedule 4 times a year but is
expected to grow slowly as show expands out to many citizens recently
settled in the Central Valley.
16) Estimate and analysis of appeal to new and/or current audience- Early
show appeal is to current listeners which should grow when show expands its
appeal to settled immigrant communities.  There are few opportunities for
these communities to hear a more progressive analysis of the time we are
living.  We believe that it is relieving & important for them to hear
through our reaching out to them.
17) Description of marketing efforts- Our marketing efforts is easier than
many thanks to the exposure of Peace Fresno from Michael Moores film and
members.  We have a large access to members and support from local,
state-wide progressive & peace organizations.  Plus we have access to
immigrant communities organizations.

PRODUCTION

Where will show be produced?- At the KFCF Tower Studio, 1449 N. Wishon Ave.
Is the show live or taped?-   We intend to make use of both live &
pre-recording.
Does someone have soundboard experience?- Yes, Richard Gomez has been
working the sound board at KFCF 88.1 FM for over 3 years.
Any cost associated with program?- Peace Fresno will cover all cost for its
show.
What are the source of funding for this program?- Peace Fresno will fund its
own show from its own account and other donation from willing associations.
Peace Fresno is currently seeking no grant status from anyone.
* Description of Action Plan for show-
Opening Chart, Introductions of Guests) by Hosts), Play Charts(ie..
calendar, events...) Play Music, Discussion(s) with Guest(s) on upcoming
event or issue(s) of importances, Wrapping up(saying good-byes) & Exit Chart
or music.
* Describe on how to handle illness, vacations etc..- They will be taken out
and shot dead!  (Just kidding!!!)  We expect little difficulties since we
have so many members.
Describe required resources from KFCF- We request the usual resources that
the other programs simular to us use.  Especially in training, productions
and supervision.

EVALUATION

The object of any talk/discussion show is to enrich the lives of its
listeners.  We propose to broaden the minds through education to the
important issues of our time.  We hope to give them the opportunity to
activate themselves and to make their own decsions to better their lives and
those around them.

We plan to monitor and measure our success by the level of interest in
success of the activities of Peace Fresno and its own objectives for a
better & peaceful world.

How often will you measure success?- Every three months.
How do you intend to report your findings to KFCF?- A liaison will keep KFCF
and the Fresno Free College Foundation informed either by verbal or written
contact.