[FFCF-Bylaws] Someone's computer is infected

Rychard Withers rych at rych.org
Wed Apr 14 08:41:49 PDT 2004

Everyday the KFCF staff, board and subs lists are getting spam emails. Since
these emails "spoof" or lie about who they are from, tracking who is infected is
tough to do. The infected computer looks through files on the infected computer
to find addresses to send to. It seems that the bylaws at kfcf list is getting hit,
so I suspect someone on this list is infected.

McAfee Anti-virus has a good virus scan/cleaning tool. It is fairly small and
downloads quickly. If the people on this list could download the program and run
it and let me know if you come up with any infections, I would appreciate it. If
you have more than one computer, please run it on all that you use for email.
It is at : http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

There are so many viruses, trojans, malware, spyware and span out there, it is
easy to get infected. If someone does find there computer infected, let me know
if you'd like some assistance in helping to inoculate  and protect your
computer. Thanks.

Rych Withers