[Discuss] Free Wine?

Rychard E Withers discuss@kfcf.org
Sat Apr 6 00:41:01 2002

------=_NextPart_000_00B6_01C1DD03.93FBD600

He wants to show up and pour free wine /mead samples...

***************
Rychard E Withers * Fresno CA 93703 - Broadcast Engineer
rych@rych.org
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Debbie Speer=20
  To: discuss@kfcf.org ; rflores@kfcf.org ; vbedoian@pacbell.net=20
  Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 12:05 AM
  Subject: Re: [Discuss] Free Wine?

  We're just a week out, so we'd better come to a decision soonest.=20

  I'm torn on this.  One: We could use the money.  Two: We're already =
charging $25 a pop, and it sems to me this is a SPECIAL event, as =
opposed to a barroom party / strictly moneymaker as the David Gans show =
was. Three: compare to the San Francisco Mime Troup: we could make =
money, but it is also an event for the community on its own.

  My gut feeling is to not charge for refreshments/food this time. =
Instead, we could set up a table to take donations/pledges to KFCF for =
simply putting the thing on. We've talked about donating to a fund to =
ensure Utah a retirement plan; perhaps we could charge for refreshments =
if it goes to that. =20

  I'm open to being convinced otherwise.=20

  -Deb

  Sue Kern wrote:

Would he allow us to charge for the wine?  It wouldn't be hard to geta 1 =
day ABC license to sell it, and I'd rather sell it than give itaway, =
unless we're charging for the soup and the wine can beavailable with the =
purchase of the soup.  I'd also like to get a kegdonated and sell that =
too.  Odwalla is donating 300 pints of juicethat can also be sold.  Is =
it too late if we discuss it at the Tues.fundraising committee meeting?  =
If the rest of the Board is interested, I can check out the ABC license =
on Monday.---- Original Message ----From: rych@rych.orgTo: =
rflores@kfcf.org, discuss@kfcf.org, Subject: RE: [Discuss] Free =
Wine?Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:40:32 -0800
FYIDon Anderson of Los Californios Winery of Fresno has contacted KFCF =
with anoffer to pour wine and mead at the Utah event. I ran into him =
last night atthe art hop and told him I didn't know what our status was =
on this, as lastI saw there was debate about free drinks and selling =
food vs. selling foodand drinks.Anyway he has made a very genrous offer =
and had a very good orange blossommead and is interested in doing this =
at Utah or the interMountain event.I leave this to the Fundraising =
subcommittee....-Rych WithersFresno Free College Foundation, =
PresidentContact:Don AndersonBusiness ManagerLos Californios Winery620 F =
StFresno CA =
93704264-MEADdca05@cvip.fresno.com***************************************=

------=_NextPart_000_00B6_01C1DD03.93FBD600

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>He wants to show up and pour free wine =
/mead=20
samples...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>********************************************************************=
********************<BR>Rychard=20
E Withers * Fresno CA 93703 - Broadcast Engineer<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:rych@rych.org">rych@rych.org</A></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DSatrnGrl@sbcglobal.net =
href=3D"mailto:SatrnGrl@sbcglobal.net">Debbie=20
  Speer</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=3Ddiscuss@kfcf.org =

  href=3D"mailto:discuss@kfcf.org">discuss@kfcf.org</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Drflores@kfcf.org =
href=3D"mailto:rflores@kfcf.org">rflores@kfcf.org</A> ;=20
  <A title=3Dvbedoian@pacbell.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:vbedoian@pacbell.net">vbedoian@pacbell.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, April 06, 2002 =
12:05=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Discuss] Free =
Wine?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>We're just a week out, so we'd better come to a =
decision=20
  soonest. <BR><BR>I'm torn on this. &nbsp;One: We could use the money.=20
  &nbsp;Two: We're already charging $25 a pop, and it sems to me this is =
a=20
  SPECIAL event, as opposed to a barroom party / strictly moneymaker as =
the=20
  David Gans show was. Three: compare to the San Francisco Mime Troup: =
we could=20
  make money, but it is also an event for the community on its =
own.<BR><BR>My=20
  gut feeling is to not charge for refreshments/food this time. Instead, =
we=20
  could set up a table to take donations/pledges to KFCF for simply =
putting the=20
  thing on. We've talked about donating to a fund to ensure Utah a =
retirement=20
  plan; perhaps we could charge for refreshments if it goes to =
that.&nbsp;=20
  <BR><BR>I'm open to being convinced otherwise. <BR><BR>-Deb<BR><BR>Sue =
Kern=20
  wrote:<BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmid:190260-2200246614735703@sierratel.com =
type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Would he allow us to charge for the wine?  =
It wouldn't be hard to get<BR>a 1 day ABC license to sell it, and I'd =
rather sell it than give it<BR>away, unless we're charging for the soup =
and the wine can be<BR>available with the purchase of the soup.  I'd =
also like to get a keg<BR>donated and sell that too.  Odwalla is =
donating 300 pints of juice<BR>that can also be sold.  Is it too late if =
we discuss it at the Tues.<BR>fundraising committee meeting?  If the =
rest of the Board is <BR>interested, I can check out the ABC license on =
Monday.<BR><BR>---- Original Message ----<BR>From: <A =
class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:rych@rych.org">rych@rych.org</A><BR>To: <A =
class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:rflores@kfcf.org">rflores@kfcf.org</A>, <A =
class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:discuss@kfcf.org">discuss@kfcf.org</A>, <BR>Subject: RE: =
[Discuss] Free Wine?<BR>Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:40:32 =
-0800<BR><BR></PRE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">FYI<BR>Don Anderson of Los =
Californios Winery of Fresno has contacted KFCF <BR>with an<BR>offer to =
pour wine and mead at the Utah event. I ran into him last <BR>night =
at<BR>the art hop and told him I didn't know what our status was on =
this, <BR>as last<BR>I saw there was debate about free drinks and =
selling food vs. <BR>selling food<BR>and drinks.<BR><BR>Anyway he has =
made a very genrous offer and had a very good orange <BR>blossom<BR>mead =
and is interested in doing this at Utah or the interMountain =
<BR>event.<BR><BR>I leave this to the Fundraising =
subcommittee....<BR>-Rych Withers<BR>Fresno Free College Foundation, =
President<BR><BR>Contact:<BR>Don Anderson<BR>Business Manager<BR>Los =
Californios Winery<BR>620 F St<BR>Fresno CA 93704<BR>264-MEAD<BR><A =
class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:dca05@cvip.fresno.com">dca05@cvip.fresno.com</A><BR><BR>**=