[Discuss] Underground Gardens Concert, re: free wine

Rick & Janet Flores discuss@kfcf.org
Sat Apr 6 10:41:00 2002

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C1DD56.D0068A20

Most of this has been taken care of already,  anyone can feel free to
call us or e-mail at any time rather than  go back over decisions that =
have=20
already been finalized.

Does anyone ever go to a concert and expect to get anything for free? =
(Only as=20
an incentive to buy a ticket and then it is figured into the price =
anyway.)
It would be out of the ordinary, and in our society, free things lose =
their value.
Free food? There is a lot of work and expense involved in providing food =
for an event...the purchasing, preparation, cooking, hauling, unloading, =
set up, selling, cleanup, pack up, hauling, unloading, cleaning and =
putting away.  This is a service that people are willing and happy to =
pay for,  and is one of the reasons when you buy food and drink at an =
event they are more expensive (not free!). You are taking the product TO =
the consumer instead of them coming to you.

Don Anderson has made a very generous offer in donating his wine and =
mead for this concert. We will provide a person, if he needs one,  to =
help him with taking in the money since the server/pourer is not legally =
allowed to handle money (germs on cash and all).  Rick is contacting Don =
about that.  Rick and Vic discussed the ABC license yesterday and have =
that under control. =20

Sue has contacted Odwalla to donate 300 juices which will be a wonderful =
refreshment.  Thanks Sue!  These sell for around $2.50 and will be a =
good fund raiser although it's easiest to sell things for round amounts, =
$2 or $3, which one do you think?
Sue has also contacted a person about donating 100 pastries,  any new =
word on that?

We plan to make minestrone soup along with sliced bread from La =
Boulangerie, donated by the kind and generous owner and KPFA listener, =
Patrick.
We are also planning an antipasta plate as well as cookies.

This event is virtually sold out.  There are some volunteer =
opportunities still available for parking directors, food servers, =
reception table, runners and=20
clean-up. Post here if you are interested.
=20
Thank you all!                              - Janet=20

  =20

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C1DD56.D0068A20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Most&nbsp;of this&nbsp;has been taken care of =
already,&nbsp;=20
anyone can feel free to</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>call us or e-mail at any time rather than&nbsp; =
</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>go back over decisions that have </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>already been finalized.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Does anyone ever go to a concert and expect to get =
anything=20
for free? (Only as </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>an incentive to buy a ticket and then it is figured =
into the=20
price anyway.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>It would be out of the ordinary, and in our =
society,&nbsp;free=20
things lose their value.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Free food?&nbsp;There is a&nbsp;lot of work and =
expense=20
involved in&nbsp;providing food for </FONT><FONT size=3D5>an event...the =

purchasing, preparation, cooking, hauling, unloading, set up, selling,=20
</FONT><FONT size=3D5>cleanup, pack up, hauling, unloading, cleaning and =
putting=20
away.&nbsp; This is a service </FONT><FONT size=3D5>that people are =
willing and=20
happy to pay for,&nbsp; and is one of the reasons when you </FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>buy food and drink at an event they are more expensive (not =
free!). You=20
are </FONT><FONT size=3D5>taking the product&nbsp;TO the consumer =
instead of them=20
coming to you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Don Anderson has made a very generous offer in =
donating=20
his&nbsp;wine and mead&nbsp;for this&nbsp;concert.</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>&nbsp;We&nbsp;will provide a&nbsp;person, if he needs one, =
&nbsp;to help=20
him with taking in the money since the server/pourer is not legally =
allowed to=20
handle money (germs on cash&nbsp;and all).&nbsp; Rick is contacting Don =
about=20
that. &nbsp;Rick and Vic&nbsp;discussed the ABC license yesterday and =
have that=20
under control.&nbsp;</FONT><FONT size=3D5>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Sue has&nbsp;contacted Odwalla to donate 300 juices=20
which&nbsp;will be&nbsp;a wonderful</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT =
size=3D5>refreshment.&nbsp;=20
Thanks Sue!&nbsp; These sell for around $2.50 and will be a good fund =
raiser=20
although it's&nbsp;easiest to sell things for round amounts, $2 or $3, =
which one=20
do you think?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Sue has also contacted a person about donating 100=20
pastries,&nbsp; any new word on that?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>We plan to&nbsp;make minestrone soup&nbsp;along with =
sliced=20
bread from&nbsp;La Boulangerie, donated by the kind and generous owner =
and KPFA=20
listener, Patrick.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>We are also planning an antipasta plate as well as=20
cookies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>This event is virtually sold out.&nbsp; There are =
some=20
volunteer opportunities still available&nbsp;for parking </FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>directors, food servers, reception table, runners and =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>clean-up. Post here if you are =
interested.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Thank you=20
all!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;- Janet </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C1DD56.D0068A20--