[Discuss] Underground Gardens Concert, re: free wine

Debbie Speer discuss@kfcf.org
Sat Apr 6 11:51:01 2002

--=_88D51622.E382E9FC

Okay, it's all cool by me.  I wasn't so much thinking of giving away FOOD, =
but in the past when Utah's played at the Fresno Art Museum we would have =
a reception-type table with free soda, coffee, wine and cheesy-things. =
Guess that's what I had in mind when the metion of wine came up.

See ya Tuesday!

-Deb

>>> rflores@kfcf.org 04/06/02 10:35AM >>>

Most of this has been taken care of already,  anyone can feel free to
call us or e-mail at any time rather than  go back over decisions that =
have=20
already been finalized.

Does anyone ever go to a concert and expect to get anything for free? =
(Only as=20
an incentive to buy a ticket and then it is figured into the price =
anyway.)
It would be out of the ordinary, and in our society, free things lose =
their value.
Free food? There is a lot of work and expense involved in providing food =
for an event...the purchasing, preparation, cooking, hauling, unloading, =
set up, selling, cleanup, pack up, hauling, unloading, cleaning and =
putting away.  This is a service that people are willing and happy to pay =
for,  and is one of the reasons when you buy food and drink at an event =
they are more expensive (not free!). You are taking the product TO the =
consumer instead of them coming to you.

Don Anderson has made a very generous offer in donating his wine and mead =
for this concert. We will provide a person, if he needs one,  to help him =
with taking in the money since the server/pourer is not legally allowed to =
handle money (germs on cash and all).  Rick is contacting Don about that.  =
Rick and Vic discussed the ABC license yesterday and have that under =
control. =20

Sue has contacted Odwalla to donate 300 juices which will be a wonderful =
refreshment.  Thanks Sue!  These sell for around $2.50 and will be a good =
fund raiser although it's easiest to sell things for round amounts, $2 or =
$3, which one do you think?
Sue has also contacted a person about donating 100 pastries,  any new word =
on that?

We plan to make minestrone soup along with sliced bread from La Boulangerie=
, donated by the kind and generous owner and KPFA listener, Patrick.
We are also planning an antipasta plate as well as cookies.

This event is virtually sold out.  There are some volunteer opportunities =
still available for parking directors, food servers, reception table, =
runners and=20
clean-up. Post here if you are interested.

Thank you all!                              - Janet=20

  =20

--=_88D51622.E382E9FC

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2712.300" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: =
2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>Okay, it's all cool by me.&nbsp; I wasn't so much =
thinking of=20
giving away FOOD, but in the past when Utah's played at the Fresno Art =
Museum we=20
would have a reception-type table with free soda, coffee, wine and=20
cheesy-things. Guess that's what I had in mind when the metion of wine =
came=20
up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>See ya Tuesday!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D1>-Deb</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; rflores@kfcf.org 04/06/02 10:35AM=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Most&nbsp;of this&nbsp;has been taken care of =
already,&nbsp;=20
anyone can feel free to</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>call us or e-mail at any time rather than&nbsp; =
</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>go back over decisions that have </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>already been finalized.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Does anyone ever go to a concert and expect to get =
anything=20
for free? (Only as </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>an incentive to buy a ticket and then it is figured =
into the=20
price anyway.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>It would be out of the ordinary, and in our society,&nb=
sp;free=20
things lose their value.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Free food?&nbsp;There is a&nbsp;lot of work and =
expense=20
involved in&nbsp;providing food for </FONT><FONT size=3D5>an event...the=20=

purchasing, preparation, cooking, hauling, unloading, set up, selling,=20
</FONT><FONT size=3D5>cleanup, pack up, hauling, unloading, cleaning and =
putting=20
away.&nbsp; This is a service </FONT><FONT size=3D5>that people are =
willing and=20
happy to pay for,&nbsp; and is one of the reasons when you </FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>buy food and drink at an event they are more expensive (not =
free!). You=20
are </FONT><FONT size=3D5>taking the product&nbsp;TO the consumer instead =
of them=20
coming to you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Don Anderson has made a very generous offer in =
donating=20
his&nbsp;wine and mead&nbsp;for this&nbsp;concert.</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>&nbsp;We&nbsp;will provide a&nbsp;person, if he needs one, =
&nbsp;to help=20
him with taking in the money since the server/pourer is not legally =
allowed to=20
handle money (germs on cash&nbsp;and all).&nbsp; Rick is contacting Don =
about=20
that. &nbsp;Rick and Vic&nbsp;discussed the ABC license yesterday and have =
that=20
under control.&nbsp;</FONT><FONT size=3D5>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Sue has&nbsp;contacted Odwalla to donate 300 juices=20
which&nbsp;will be&nbsp;a wonderful</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT size=3D5>refreshment.=
&nbsp;=20
Thanks Sue!&nbsp; These sell for around $2.50 and will be a good fund =
raiser=20
although it's&nbsp;easiest to sell things for round amounts, $2 or $3, =
which one=20
do you think?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Sue has also contacted a person about donating 100=20
pastries,&nbsp; any new word on that?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>We plan to&nbsp;make minestrone soup&nbsp;along with =
sliced=20
bread from&nbsp;La Boulangerie, donated by the kind and generous owner and =
KPFA=20
listener, Patrick.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>We are also planning an antipasta plate as well as=20
cookies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>This event is virtually sold out.&nbsp; There are =
some=20
volunteer opportunities still available&nbsp;for parking </FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>directors, food servers, reception table, runners and </FONT></DIV=

<DIV><FONT size=3D5>clean-up. Post here if you are interested.</FONT></DIV>=

<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>Thank you=20
all!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;- Janet </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=_88D51622.E382E9FC--