[Discuss] Utah Phillips

discuss@kfcf.org discuss@kfcf.org
Tue Jan 15 10:30:01 2002

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19DF2.934D07B0

   Your graciousness is nothing less than I would have expected.  However,
as I indicated, we can look for space elsewhere.  Not a problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Speer [mailto:Debbie@pollstar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 10:17 AM
To: discuss@kfcf.org
Subject: RE: [Discuss] Utah Phillips

Utah Phillips does not do many shows for health reasons, and has a huge
following here, Jeff. I am not interested in battling you or the Green Party
over who gets the "rights" to claim a date that apparently has not been
finalized by either group. As far as I'm concerned, if Utah wants to play
here, he can play here on his time and terms - and we should find a way to
do it in the best setting for him. Utah has, over the years, boosted the
Underground Gardens as a unique place - and he is a great supporter of KFCF.
I would presume he very much likes the prospect of performing there.

Hopefully April 27 will be fine with him and with Andre. If it's going to
put you in the middle of a catfight for the space on May 4th, then I will
recommend April 27.

>>> jeffrey.eisinger@sba.gov 01/15/02 09:51AM >>>

   Well, Andre called us and asked if he could host the event on the
Saturday evening of our convention.  I have made trips out there only to
find a locked gate and been playing phone tag for a week to discuss it with
him.  Jemmy Bluestein has already offered to bring in the musical
entertainment from the bay area.  Plus, because we have people who will have
to be travelling home on Sunday to various parts of the state, we have
chosen to avoid the mother's day weekend.  I really dont see that being an
issue for the local crowd which would show up for a FFCF/KFCF fundraiser.
   However, if there is no other date that FFCF/KFCF can schedule this
event, we will try to find another location.....maybe a Denny's banquet
room...to show off all that Fresno has to offer.  Not a problem.