[Discuss] Utah Phillips

Debbie Speer discuss@kfcf.org
Tue Jan 15 10:38:01 2002

--=_CC91B9AA.4A2B4108

Thanks, Jeff. I think. :)=20
Before getting locked in to one venue or another, let's find out from Rick =
if Utah is okay with 4/27.  I just don't think it would be a very good =
idea to make it much later than that because of the Intermountain date, =
which would likely draw from the same audience. If Utah is cool with 4/27, =
then there's no conflict, right?  Surely we can find a creative solution =
to the conflicting date if he can't do it 4/27.

-Deb

>>> jeffrey.eisinger@sba.gov 01/15/02 10:29AM >>>

   Your graciousness is nothing less than I would have expected.  However, =
as I indicated, we can look for space elsewhere.  Not a problem. =20

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Speer [mailto:Debbie@pollstar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 10:17 AM
To: discuss@kfcf.org
Subject: RE: [Discuss] Utah Phillips

Utah Phillips does not do many shows for health reasons, and has a huge =
following here, Jeff. I am not interested in battling you or the Green =
Party over who gets the "rights" to claim a date that apparently has not =
been finalized by either group. As far as I'm concerned, if Utah wants to =
play here, he can play here on his time and terms - and we should find a =
way to do it in the best setting for him. Utah has, over the years, =
boosted the Underground Gardens as a unique place - and he is a great =
supporter of KFCF.  I would presume he very much likes the prospect of =
performing there. =20

Hopefully April 27 will be fine with him and with Andre. If it's going to =
put you in the middle of a catfight for the space on May 4th, then I will =
recommend April 27.=20

>>> jeffrey.eisinger@sba.gov 01/15/02 09:51AM >>>

   Well, Andre called us and asked if he could host the event on the =
Saturday evening of our convention.  I have made trips out there only to =
find a locked gate and been playing phone tag for a week to discuss it =
with him.  Jemmy Bluestein has already offered to bring in the musical =
entertainment from the bay area.  Plus, because we have people who will =
have to be travelling home on Sunday to various parts of the state, we =
have chosen to avoid the mother's day weekend.  I really dont see that =
being an issue for the local crowd which would show up for a FFCF/KFCF =
fundraiser. =20
   However, if there is no other date that FFCF/KFCF can schedule this =
event, we will try to find another location.....maybe a Denny's banquet =
room...to show off all that Fresno has to offer.  Not a problem. =20