[FFCF-Fundraising] FW: Banquet

skern at sti.net skern at sti.net
Thu Sep 30 11:11:54 PDT 2004

I've talked to both Berry Niskian and Patrick Bourell (from La
Boulangerie) about desserts.  Berry can't do the 300 desserts due to
the size of his kitchen (i.e. he'd need access to larger facilities)
and the health of his mom, but he suggested asking Patrick for french
pastries.  I just spoke with Patrick who has agreed to donate 200
assorted Fresch pastries for desserts, and I told him we'd put a free
ad in the program in exchange (though he said that wasn't necessary).
I think we can get Berry to do 100 (maybe mousse), so we should be
covered.

But I thought we had also discussed having some music at the event
before the speaker.  If no one else has any suggestions, I was
thinking of asking Lance Canales and his blues group, Inyana.  If you
do have other suggestions, please let me know.

Finally, we should have another meeting before the event--Leni would
like it to be by phone.  Rych, can we arrange for a conference call
again on October 5th or 12th, and is that OK for everyone else (maybe
at 6 p.m.?).  Please all confirm your availability (or
unavailability), and I'll notify you of the final date.  Thanks.
Also, please keep me informed of any ads sold!