[FFCF-Fundraising] FW: Let's help

Vic Bedoian vbedoian at kfcf.org
Tue Apr 4 15:08:35 PDT 2006

Here's more help on the way.

  _____

From: Pat Wolk [mailto:patwolk at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:33 PM
To: Joel Pickford
Cc: Vic Bedoian; Sue Ellen Kern; Rick Flores; Ellen Rowan-Ono; Nancy
Waidtlow
Subject: Re: Let's help

Joel--

I think it's a great idea.  Full Circle? My garden?   I'm up for it and will
present it to FFS at our Wed night meeting April 12. Will send copies of
this to Vic Bedoian, Sue Kern & Rick Flores.  Eva Scow is coming by to plan
her concert at the Bonner on May 12--I'll ask her if she could get a group
to play.

Joel Pickford <joelpickford at yahoo.com> wrote:

Pat,

Hopw about a benefit concert for the KFCF transmitter?
We raised nearly $3000 at my brother's Katrina
benefit without even charging a cover!

I will be happy to have my band play and to get other
bands as well.

FYI, I am doing a benefit concert on Sunday, April 30
with four bands, including mine, for the Chong Yang
family, victims of that horrible trailer fire. We
could do something for the transmitter fund in late
May.

let me know what you think.
Joel

--- Pat Wolk wrote:

> Hi folks--
> Pat Wolk here. It's Sunday and I'm missing the
> Sunday folk music lineup on KFCF: Robbie Osman,
> Mary Tilson, Ray Edlund, Tom Diamant and Gregg
> McVicar.
> And our own Rick Flores on kfcf on Tues mornings at
> 10:00. And World music.
>
> I'm missing my fix of honest political
> reporting--Democracy Now! Morning Show. Across the
> Grain.
>
> Are you wondering why kfcf isn't coming through? Do
> you miss your favorite programs?
>
> I can receive some of kfcf while driving in my car
> but gas is too expensive and I'd rather be listening
> while in the garden or cleaning house or.....
>
> What's the problem? The kfcf transmitter has been
> damaged due to storms and while being repaired they
> are broadcasting at a much reduced power. They (I
> mean "we" because it is "our" station) need a new
> state-of-the-art broadcast transmitter for now and
> future needs. It costs money--$20,00 should do it.
> Already there is $7000 in the pot. Let's help US
> reach our goal. How can we fund raise on the radio
> when the transmission is so weak?
>
> I propose we each send in $25--that's not too much
> to ask--you can give more. And consider forwarding
> this message (or, better yet, create your own) to
> like minded folks who appreciate our station. We
> need our radio station now more than ever. The 2006
> election is coming up. We need honest reporting.
>
> Please send your donations to KFCF Transmitter
> Fund/PO Box 4364/Fresno, CA 93744,
> or go to www.kfcf.org and donate online by clicking
> on the donate now icon and entering Transmitter Fund
> under designated donation.
>

> FFS CONCERTS www.fresnofolklore.org 559-431-3653
>
> April 7, Fri. 7:30 GARNET ROGERS.
> Singer,songwriter,rich baritone voice. $15 advance;
> $20 at door. www.garnetrogers.com
> April 29,Sat. 7:30 BARRY SHULTZ & FRIENDS $20
> benefit.
> May 12, Friday 7:30 EVA SCOW & BRAZILIAN SOUL.
> www.evascow.com $15/$20
>
> May 19-21 California Autoharp Festival, St Nicholas
> Ranch. www.calautoharp.com
>
> AND MORE! Keep Posted.

Joel Pickford
PICKFORD PICTURES