[FFCF-Fundraising] FW: Amy in Fresno

Vic Bedoian vbedoian at kfcf.org
Wed Aug 2 09:24:47 PDT 2006

Folks,

Here is the confirmation from Denis on the Amy event on September 24.  The
Machinists Union hall has been reserved and costs only $75.  Sounds like the
event should be roughly from 11 am to 2 pm.  That should give ample time for
late plane arrival and to get back to the airport.  Another thought - are
community groups going to set up tables or anything like that?  If so
someone needs to take on the task of figuring out which groups to invite and
contacting them.

We have already discussed the following and we'll need to make final
decisions soon:

Are we going with the $10 ticket price?  I understand that the hall holds
300 seated in chairs (only 120 at tables).

Are we going to give first crack at Amy tickets to banquet ticket buyers?
How exactly will that work?  I have some questions about it and don't really
know the answers.  It could get complicated.

The food menu needs to be decided and tasks assigned.  There needs to be a
designated clean up crew, as that's part of the good deal we're getting on
the hall.  Are we going to use paper plates and plastic forks and set up
recycling cans?  Are we going to provide coffee and or juice?  Who's doing
that part?

Anyway, there are lots of things that need to be worked out.  Maybe before
too long there needs to be a meeting of people working on this event (the
organizing part) to get the ball rolling.  Seven weeks goes by faster than
we think.  Plus, the banquet will be the week after and tickets will be sold
concurrently - so we have to keep things as simple as possible, for the sake
of everyone's sanity.

Vic

  _____