[FFCF-PNA] FW: Voices of the Middle East

Vic Bedoian vbedoian at kfcf.org
Thu Jan 12 15:27:57 PST 2006

Fellow PNA members,

Here is a proposal from Ali Rezapour to broadcast the "Voices of the Middle
East" program from KPFA.  The program is currently aired on Wednesdays 7 to
8 pm, the same time we broadcast Nuestro Foro.  I have listened to the two
most recent editions of Voices of the Middle East.  My impression is that
the programs are well produced, informative, well narrated and have good
coverage of a variety of topics and countries throughout the the Mid East,
Arabia and North Africa.  The news interviews were interesting and well done
and the programs included musical breaks and cultural segments.  The overall
attitude of the program is secular and worldly.  In my view the program
would fill a much-needed gap in local access to in-depth information about
that critical region.

I have also spoken with Eduardo Stanley about the possibility of moving
Nuestro Foro to Tuesdays at 7 pm.  He does not have a problem with it.  Of
course we would allow plenty of time (at least a month) for Nuestro Foro to
inform it's listeners before the switch.  Nuestro Foro on Tuesday would
replace La Raza Chronicles, which is also a good program about Latin
America, but not the only one on the air.  The following program Musical
Colors 8 to 10 pm with Rachel Aguirre will continue as is and provide a nice
cultural compliment to Nuestro Foro.  All in all I think the trade-off is a
good one and I support this proposal.  Let me know what you think.

Best Wishes,
Vic

  _____